Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Some Great words from A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

“Don't Read Success Stories You will get only message. Read failure stories. You will get some ideas to get success.”


When I read this quote of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, it struck me in a very deep way. Besides being really true, it's a corrective to my habitual half-hearted attempts at a Norman Vincent Peale type of positive thinking as well as some of my reading habits.


When I did some research, I discovered a man who had as much a way with words as he did with applying both the scientific method as well as his Muslim faith to living a full and productive life.


Times of India Photo

I’ve assembled a collection of his quotes. I dedicate this to my young Muslim friends, Aqib and Mustafa, because they inspire me, and I am very grateful for their friendship. They are both young and starting out, so I will begin with this quote:


"Sometimes, it is better to bunk a class and enjoy with friends, because now, when I look back, marks never make me laugh, but memories do." 







"For a great man religion is a way of making friends; small people make religion a fighting tool."


"Dream is not that which you see while sleeping; it is something that does not let you sleep." 


"Dream, dream, dream. Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts result in action."

"Knowledge without action is useless and irrelevant. Knowledge with action converts adversity into prosperity."


"Education gives you wings to fly. Achievement comes out of fire in our subconscious mind that ‘I will win."


“Failure will never overtake me if my definition to succeed is strong enough”.


"The world today is integrally connected through four rapid connectivities. They are the environment, people, economy, and ideas."


"A Leader must have a 'Vision' for an organisation, 'Passion' to work for achieving the goals, 'Curiosity' to travel an unexplored path and ‘Courage' to take decisions."


"When you speak, speak the truth; perform when you promise; discharge your trust... Withhold your hands from striking, and from taking that which is unlawful and bad."


"It is very easy to defeat someone, but it is very hard to win someone."


“Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in the second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”

“If you fail, never give up because FAIL means "First Attempt in Learning".

“If you want to shine like a sun, first, burn like the sun."

"All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents."

"All Birds find shelter during the rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the Clouds.”

“Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident.”

“Do we not realize that self-respect comes with self-reliance?”

 




No comments: