Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Raksha Bandhan


Tradition bids me tie a ribbon on your wrist 

To say that you and I are related,

And it will always be

No matter what

What husband, what wife, 

what daughter, what son,

What lover, what friend,

May kisses, caresses

Abound.

May wounds be few.

No matter what,

There will be love.


What prizes and honors won, 

Include the ones you lost,

What joy, what laughter, 

what grief, what loss,

What trouble, what pain, 

what fear, what tear, what discovery, 

Embrace it freely.

In this moment

You are my world.


We are blood and yet so different

It makes no difference

What barrier, what fence

What wall, what boundary.

Cross, venture, explore,

A postcard now and then might be nice.

Calls are also cheap these days,

But neither is required.

I know there are only so many 

Seconds, minutes, years granted to us.

Use them as best you can.

As best we can.

I will try.


Make mistakes,

I will join you.

We are forgiven in advance.

You are encouraged to make as many as possible 

Unharmed or even injured.

Try to stay safe.

Continue please. 

You encourage me.


Forgive me if I have hurt you.

It was not intentional.

I know that I can be blind and careless.

You are also forgiven.


The world as we find it

Is a blessing.

You are part of my world.

Sounds trite

But it’s true.


Raksha Bandhan 2023

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this. Love you.
Thank you for sharing Ken.
🤍 Little Sis