Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2026

I'm a Yellow Dog Democrat. Let’s get rid of those Blue Dog Democrat Do-Nothings.

For the record, originally posted on Facebook, 9/1/2026

Concerning your pissy little etymologically correct argument about being called the “Democrat Party” by the Orange Asshole, shove it where the Sun don’t shine. In 1994, more than 30 years ago, you argued for a less boisterous, more economically elegant party leadership. More in tune with the ideals of liberal democracy, which traces its pedigree back to John Locke. Four presidential administrations later, two Republican and two “Democratic,” you managed to hobble both Clinton and Obama, whose combined IQ was higher than today’s entire GOP caucus. And they certainly had more spine. You can’t even defeat Mitch McConnell, who apparently can still fight his way out of a body bag, much less the paper bag. Wet cardboard is your sparring partner.
I lived, worked, studied, and was active in Massachusetts politics when I was a young man. They just voted to continue supporting the nursing home residents' consulting council. I worked in California Democratic politics for many years. We’re no better. Poor Diane died in office, barely able to sit upright or speak coherently. Nancy retired her Rolodex of big donors, and is apparently ready to hand it off to a new generation. But did anyone think about who they might train instead of their legacy? Not from the look of our choices.
Am I being ageist? I am 82. Not only do I think that no one my age should make decisions for the world. I know it.
But, but you say the other guys are doing it. OK, set a mandatory retirement age of 65-66 for every officeholder in the Republic. That's what the actuarial tables for Social Security recommend, except the oligarchs who keep raking it in for as long as they can sit upright and shake their heads from right to left. Maybe I hit on something. That’s the operative table: how much can a person my age rake in? It certainly seems to be the M.O. of the current Idiot-in-Charge.

No comments: