Search This Blog

Monday, September 14, 2026

Wake Up, America!

09/13/2026

I just hung up on a woman who was probably nice enough, doing important research on how I felt about this and that, leading up to one of the most important elections in the Republic's history. Of course I will participate. Of course I will vote straight Blue. But something in me snapped.

We’ve lost our democracy, and you, terribly polite Nancy or Susan, are assisting some highly trained political consultants making enough to send their kids off to college debt-free twenty times over, participating in one of the ugliest chapters of the history of democracy. You’re helping criminals create a smokescreen they’ve designed to shield themselves. America was a democracy based on law, not fickle public opinion.

I refuse to watch TV, but I hear the news; some weird guy in a poorly fitting suit with an annoying high-pitched voice is yelling, “he’s underwater.” I’m outraged. Why isn’t he in jail? “He’s tanking by 53 percent,” as if we’re talking about the popularity of shitty orange bubble gum as opposed to sugar-free Dentine? Let me correct your memory, idiot. We're talking about a criminal who, on the morning of February 28, ordered a military strike that killed 156 people, mostly young girls and their teachers, at the Shajareh Tayyebeh elementary school in Iran. Why isn't he on trial in The Hague? The "American flag blue" paint peeling off the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool wasn’t a contractor’s mistake or a sign of dementia. He’s insane. Where are the real doctors who’ve given him a clean bill of health? He tells us the lie that kids in grade school are subject to sex reassignment surgery (there are zero) and that Mitch McConnell is doing pool yoga in rehab, but you, “legacy media,” refuse to ask how Brain-Dead Mitch engineered the Republican takeover of the Supreme Court. He got away with it, and, hard as it is to believe at this point, he’s still in elected office. You are complicit.

We’ve become idiots. It’s not important whether or not I support his trailer trash interior decorating, or that only 28% of the voting population still support him. I don’t care if gas costs more than 5 dollars a gallon. The cost of gas in France, converted from liters and Euros is $9.60. He’s already escaped impeachment twice. He's also destroyed NATO and ruined one of the most resilient economies the world has ever seen because he paid a smart kid to take his exams at Fordham and Wharton. It doesn’t matter if 99.9 % of the world thinks it’s an open question. No one checked the facts. He paid Stormy Daniels and molested E. Jean Carroll, but apparently that’s OK for a rich guy compensating for what the Lord didn’t give him. Quoting his hooker wife, we don’t care about locker room talk with Jeffrey Epstein, whose number is not in her phone,x as long as Alan Dershowitz swears on a stack of Bibles that he did get a massage but kept his underwear on. Oh, yes, it’s an open secret that Melania got paid for sex work, but like other people of that income bracket, she no longer actually does the dirty work herself, but still wears the heels. Come on! She may have the title First Lady, but the receipts still exist.

Poor Susan or Nancy thought I’d tell them where I stood on these important matters and become a statistic so that the guy jumping around CNN had more up-to-the-minute numbers that Trump’s tanked.

There’s plenty of blame to go around. I’m not excusing anyone, myself included. But if I’m going to go down with the ship, I’m not singing the Star-Spangled Banner. I’ll still be screaming that he never was a stable genius. Wake up, America.

No comments: